(1) Mushrooms have been used for about 3000 years by mankind to boost immunity, yes, they were used that far back in time, because it was known that they were a super food to boost your immune system and prevent illness and disease. They probably did not know about the immune system, but, they did know what was good for them.
– Mushrooms are an excellent source of fibre. They can help to prevent disease, are a natural source of Vitamin D and provide one of the most powerful supplies of antioxidants. Mushrooms also provide B group vitamins such as Riboflavin, Niacin and Biotin. Mushrooms are very low in salt, but they have many other minerals that are essential to humans, such as Selenium, Phosphorus and Potassium.
(3) One of the most important contributions to your health from Mushrooms is the help given to the body’s Immune System. They attack killer cells that often is the start of Cancer and tumors. It has also been reported the benefits obtained for Alzheimer’s. It is a terrific way to boost your immune system which in turn fights off diseases and viral infections.
(4) The common mushroom contains glutamate which is a known flavour enhancer, this of course makes it very tasty for eating. They also help to give your stomach the feeling of fullness, this helps you to control your appetite and therefore is an aid to weight reduction, for health improvement.
(5) The mushroom is a food that is neither a plant or an animal, it is a fungus, this may indicate why it is a Super Nutrition, it can be thought of as a vitamin supplement, each serving of mushrooms provides a very healthy amount of the essential B group, vitamins riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid and biotin.
(6) A serving of mushrooms will also give you about one third of your riboflavin and biotin, and a quarter of your niacin and pantothenic acid needs for a day. They also provide a small amount of folate, the vitamin known to reduce the risk of spinal problems in babies during pregnancy
(7) There are thousands of different edible types of mushrooms , and even more that are poisonous, so unless you are an expert on mushrooms it is probably better to stick with the better known varieties, like the Common Mushroom , Maitake Mushroom and Shiitake Mushroom .
(9) Maitake mushroom is another very popular type of mushroom in Japan. They are also available outside Japan. They are sometimes referred to as the king of mushrooms . These three types of mushrooms are very safe to eat and you can rest assured that they are very healthy and good for you, a natural super nutrition for your immune system.